About mharaja college
Government Maharaja College, Chhatarpur is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Madhya Pradesh. It has the rare distinction of having completed one hundred years of its inception in 1985-86. It's Centenary Celebration was marked by the gracious presence of the then president of India, Hon. Gyani Jail Singh. This College has been serving the cause of education right from the times of the erstwhile princely state of Chhatarpur. The College can now feel proud of having produced a large number of distinguished persons such as Hon'ble Banchu, Ex-Governor of M P, who have made significant contribution in various social, education and administrative fields. The many sided achievements of the college are fully in keeping with the expectations of Colonel Thomson who had remarked in 1865: "This institution will make a mark in the academic field in times to come."
* Experienced Faculty.
* U G & PG Syllabus Based On UGC Model Curriculum & Approved By Respective BoS & Central Board Of Studies, Department Of Higher Education, M P.
* Publication of College Prospectus.
* Publication of College Magazine.
* Computer Based Add On Course.
* Central Computer Laboratory With Broadband .
* Well Equipped Laboratories.
* Computerized Library
* Open Shelf System Of Library.
* Special Arrangements For Differently Abled Students In The Library.
* Special Corner For Visually Handicapped In The Library.
* Use Of Working Models, OHP , Laptop & LCD Projector For Teaching.
* Well Lighted And Ventilated Classrooms.
* Classrooms And Premises Are Monitored With Close Circuit Cameras.
* Public Address System For Announcement.
* Purified Drinking Water On Each Floor.
* Toilets On Each Floor.
* Ramps .
* Restroom With The Medical Help.
* All Departments & Office Are Connected Through Structured Local Area Network.
* All Departments & Office Are Connected Through Intercom.
* Broad Band Connectivity To All Computer Laboratories And Departments.
* Various Scholarships .
* UGC Sponsored Coaching
* Remedial Coaching For All Subjects
* NET / SLET Coaching,
* Coaching for Entry to Services
* Placement Cell.
* Gymnasium In College Premises.
* Sports : Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Badminton, Table Tennis, Indoor & Outdoor Games.
* Hostel With Mess.
* Guest House.
* Parking Areas For Students & Faculty.
* Canteen With Juice Centre.
* STD Booth & Coin Box Phones.
* Stationery Centre.
# GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The College was started in 1865 to promote Higher Education among all person. Over the years, the college has emerged as a potential educational center offering Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in traditional and Vocational subjects of Science and Home Science Stream. Being a College, it ensures opportunities (inside and outside the classroom) for them, to grow in intellect, self confidence, leadership ability and sense of self goals. The objectives are –
* To develop new academic courses and revise current academic programmes to keep pace with the changing scenario.
* To vocationalize courses.
* To enhance and promote excellence in teaching and learning.
* To encourage and support innovation in teaching and learning.
* To develop a systematic approach for the success of students.
* To create an ICT infrastructure that is supportive of academic and administrative needs.
* To promote computer competency for students and faculty and staff.
* To provide supportive services to students.
* To increase awareness of student support services, policies and campus events among students.
* To maintain an administrative information system that is useful integrated and user friendly.
* To provide facility for distance learning through IGNOU Programme Study Center and Community College.
* To promote communication, cooperation and shared decision making among administrative and academic departments.
* To support and encourage staff for personal academic growth.
* To Support & encourage students for co-curricular activities.
* To provide a clean accessible environment, this meets the needs of students faculty and staff.
* To promote a spirit of community service among students, faculty and staff.
* To ensure and sustain the institutional standards to highest level.
* The goals and objectives are communicated to students and parents by following means –
* The mission and vision statements are printed in prospectus.
* At the time of counseling for admission these are explained to parents.