About Jaipur Engineering college
# About JAIPUR ENGINEERING COLLEGE (JEC)
JAIPUR ENGINEERING COLLEGE (JEC) is a place of fertile interactions. A best college where people and ideas come together in new ways, Illuminating turnarounds, igniting sparks that fuel new ventures, and fostering intellectual breakthroughs. The Institute is committed to advance knowledge and educate students in various branches of engineering that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. In the life span of an educational institution like JEC, twenty years may be a tiny ray in the vast spectrum of Engineering and Technology, but for Jaipur Engineering College (JEC), the last two decades have been truly constructive, much like the building blocks.
Since its inception in 2000, Jaipur Engineering College (JEC) has been a top engineering college known to enable students to carve a niche for themselves and develop a strong personality. Located on the serene outskirts of Jaipur on Delhi Highway, JEC provides students with state-of-the art infrastructure which helps them to attain comprehensive understanding of their chosen engineering discipline. Another unique aspect of JEC is its rich sporting culture which makes engineering even more fun.
# Academic Credibility in Place in Jaipur Engineering College (JEC)
The institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. AICTE is an apex body of MHRD, Government of India vested with statutory powers to initiate necessary steps for planning, formulation and maintenance of norms and standards, accreditation, funding of priority areas, monitoring and evaluation of courses/programmes in the field of technical education.
Similarly, JEC is affiliated to Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota Rajasthan, an university exclusively created to enhance the technical education by Government of Rajasthan. RTU aims to provide quality technical education to boost technical environment in India. Presently, the Hon’ble Governor of Rajasthan His Excellency Shri Kalraj Mishra is the Chancellor, and Hon'ble Prof. R A Gupta is the Vice-Chancellor of the University. To improve the quality of Engineering Education, JEC is actively associated with the activities executed by RTU under TEQIP III.
To benefit the students through NPTEL initiative, JEC has taken a step forward towards the establishment of an NPTEL local Chapter in 2016. The objective of this Chapter is to enable the students gain knowledge through enhanced video lecture and obtain certificates for courses pursued. Pertinent to mention that NPTEL is a fully funded project by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, with joint initiative of the IITs and IISc.
It is a learning zone where students are taught to become men of value and not just men of success. Tell me, I forget. Teach me, I remember. Involve me and I learn. These words seems to be the echo that resounds in every page of JEC. The veracity of this saying is nowhere better illustrated than in the classroom and labs of JEC because they are learner centric. The thrust has always been two way communication: a process of building partnerships between the Learner and the Learned.
# SALIENT FEATURES : The JEC Advantage
* Well qualified and experienced faculty members.
* More than 1200+ Computers for students with latest configuration and internet facility.
* Wi-Fi enabled campus, Internet facility through 110 mbps leased line
* Library with 60,000+ books and online journals like IEEE, ASME, J-Gate and Springer.
* Book Bank facility.
* Separate air-cooled hostels for boys & girl, with attached bathroom.
* Best academic results in university examinations.
* Excellent placements, one of our students got highest package in Rajasthan of Rs. 69 Lakh.
* Placements in prominent industries, multinational companies, Indian army, and government organizations.
* Rajasthan’s first nodal centre of NITTTR, Chandigarh.
* Rajasthan’s first remote centre of IIT, Bombay & IIT, Kharagpur.
* Campus Connect Programmes with MNCs like Infosys, CAD Desk & Oracle.
* Association with foreign universities, institutions of national importance and R&D centers for research work.
* More than 7000+ alumni of JEC Group are working over the globe and leading a successful career.
# OUR VISION
To make students technologically superior & ethically strong and build them as professionals, who will become the trend setters in the industry.
# OUR MISSION
To be amongst the top engineering institutes and to establish itself as a Deemed University.
M1: To provide conceptual, basic & market driven knowledge of Core Engineering and Emerging Areas with practical exposure to meet the future requirements of industry and corporate.
M2: To extend academic and social environment for achieving excellence in innovation driven knowledge to create manpower for developed society.
M3: To present a platform for Industry Institute Interaction (IIC) through projects relevant to industry and society for entrepreneurship development.
M4: To Provide an eco-system for accumulation of knowledge in the form of high quality research, patent and publication.
M5: To integrate the teaching -learning process with human values and professional ethics.
# OUR COMMITMENTS
We will achieve this by our Commitments of :
* Academic integrity and accountability
* Respect and tolerance for the views of every individual
* Attention to issues of national relevance as well as of global concern
* Breadth of understanding, including knowledge of the human sciences
* Well qualified, dedicated and committed associates
* Appreciation of intellectual excellence and creativity
* An unfettered spirit of exploration, rationality and enterprise
* Creation of State-of-the-art infrastructure, facilities and services
* Finest interaction with industry and alumni
* Quality placements for our student
# ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION IN B.TECH
The Institution offers 2 entry schemes for the students. Eligibility criterion for a candidate who is seeking admission in B Tech. course is:
# JEC helpdeskJec Admission help
you can apply directly our college campus or Online at www.jeckukas.org.in/apply/
1. B.Tech: 1st Year ( 4 Years / 8 Semesters B.Tech Degree )
Admission is purely based on AICTE norms. The Institute recognizes scores of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) and Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process (REAP). The pre-requisite is minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in 10+2 / Class XII. The subjects taken together are Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subject from Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational Subject / Computer Science / Information Technology / Informatics Practices / Agriculture / Engineering Graphics / Business Studies from any recognized Board or equivalent.
2. Lateral entry in Second Year (Direct Admission) : (3 Years / 6 Semesters B.Tech Degree)
1. Diploma holders can take admission in the second year as per AICTE and Rajasthan Government norms. The Government admission coordination committee fill up these seats through centralized counseling after receiving applications. The 10% seats in addition to the total intake are available in each discipline. The pre-requisite is minimum 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in ANY branch of Engineering and Technology from any recognized institute.
2. Passed B.Sc. Degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) and passed 10+2 examination with mathematics as a subject.
Provided that the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream, shall clear the subjects Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering mechanics of the First Year Engineering Programme along with the second year subjects
Provided that the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the Diploma stream
3. Passed D.Voc stream in the same or allied sector
4. In the above cases, a suitable bridge Courses, if required such as in Mathematics may be conducted.
# Documents required at the time of admission:-
Following original documents are required at the time of admission:
* Certificate / Mark sheet of High School / Secondary bearing Date of Birth of the candidate.
* Mark sheet of 10+2 Examination, as a proof of having passed the qualifying examination.
* Relevant caste certificate.
* Relevant domicile certificate and / or AADHAR card.
* REAP allotment letter.
* Family income proof (for TFWS candidates only)
3. M.Tech. ( 2 Years / 4 Semesters)
The admission is purely on AICTE Norms and Rajasthan Technical University norms. The minimum academic qualification for admission to M.Tech is a pass in B.Tech / BE with 50 % marks (45% in case of Candidates belonging to reserved category) in relevant discipline as per Rajasthan Technical University Guidelines.
# Fee Structure
Fees are applicable for all students as per rules of Government of Rajasthan / Rajasthan Technical University, Kota. Mode of payments can be cash or Demand Drafts.
1. Fee structure is subject to change every academic year.
2. This fee structure is applicable for students admitted in Academic Year 2020-21 only
3. REAP Charges, University Development Fee, Enrollment Fee & Examination Fee will be charged by Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, additionally as per norms.
4. Hostel security is to be deposited, whenever a students opts for hostel facility.
# TUITION FEE WAIVER SCHEME
JEC has adopted a Tuition Fees Waiver Scheme (TFWS) of AICTE. Under this scheme, 100% tuition fee of meritorious students of each branch from economically weak category is waived off for all the four years. Number of benefited students may go up to 5% of total intake.